Wednesday, March 13, 2019

King Kong


King Kong
The Broadway Theatre
March 9, 2019

Photo courtesy of King Kong
This was my second time seeing King Kong on Broadway.  The first time was during previews.  The show has grown tighter and stronger over the past five months.  I stand by what I wrote back in October (see my post dated October 20, 2018 for details).  The production is truly spectacular.  Drew McOnie’s choreography and staging are brilliant.  Kong himself is truly magnificent.  He is phenomenally conceived and collaboratively performed by a number of highly skilled theatre professionals.  Christiani Pitts, Eric William Morris, and Erik Lochtefeld have grown and solidified their performances since previews.

The reason I went to see it this second time was for a planned field trip with coworkers.  It was great to come together for a Saturday matinee and share this experience.  Everyone had a good time.  I highly recommend King Kong on Broadway for a group outing.  It is a show for the whole family, young and old alike.  Check out Broadway Inbound for group rate tickets.  The operators are courteous and helpful.


Domenick Danza

No comments:

Post a Comment