Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Welcome to My Blog



I go to the theatre for the catharsis.  Defined as the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, especially through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.  It’s the origins of theatre that harkens back to the ancient Greeks.  Simply put, when communing with an audience through a common experience, we change or grow… and heal.  This can be as small a change as laughing and feeling good after a bad day, or the deeper emotional healing that comes from relating to a character and experiencing their journey through darkness into light and freedom.  Whether it be a the music, dance or the playwriting, on Broadway, Off Broadway, in Times Square, the Village, or Brooklyn, being part of the theatre community as a teacher, artist, and audience member gives me joy and grounding.

This is why I go to the theatre, and it is from this point of view that I write each posting and share my experiences.


Domenick Danza




No comments:

Post a Comment